Thursday, July 11, 2013

Between the Cogs

Right now I'm between books, but the publication silence won't be for long. In fact, I'm on the lookout for cover art. Ideally, I need to find art for five book covers at once.

That may sound like a lot, but I'm currently assembling the outlines of three novels concurrently. Two outlines will be sequels to Fractal Standard Time, which will form a trilogy, and the other outline is for Race the Sky, a stormchasing novel. Fractal Standard Time is already finished (it just needs a cover), and several stories are developing which will end up in yet another science fiction short story collection.

If that doesn't sound ambitious enough, besides all the robot and nanomachine things going on in Fractal Standard Time, there is this odd, steampunk aesthetic that keeps creeping into the two sequels I'm working on (Ionotatron and Chronopticus Rising). I'm not sure how far I will carry that since none of three books are set in Victorian times.

I don't have a time frame as to when these books will all be released, although one should be ready to go by September. If I could get them all out by the end of the year, I would. Remember, some of the stories of Fractal Standard Time are available over at Amazon...specifically, The Mathematician's Lawn, The Peddler, and Tales From the Front. These will only be available for a limited time, however, so grab them while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment